We provide student-athletes opportunities to enter NIL contracts to participate in community social service engagement and events. For example:
1. Illini Guardians will use pooled funds to contract with student-athletes to participate in Illini Guardians sponsored events with a pre-vetted group of local philanthropies each year.
2. Illini Guardians intends to contract with inner city youth groups to bring children from “Urban to Urbana” to watch a game or practice and participate in a meet and greet with the team, whose members will be compensated through an NIL contract with Illini Guardians.
3. Illini Guardians will foster opportunities for women athletes through our Fighting Illini Women’s Venture, whereby women student-athletes will be paid to record electronic greeting messages to Illini Guardians’ subscribers, serve as mentors, and grow the reach of NIL into women’s sports.
4. Illini Guardians will create an exclusive on-line marketplace whereby Illini Guardians will purchase autographed items from student-athletes through NIL contracts, and then make these available for resale to Illini Guardians’ subscribers. We will also offer the platform for student-athletes to engage in the licensing of personal, curated, and proper NIL experiences with individual Illini Guardians subscribers as the marketplace evolves.
5. Finally, Illini Guardians expects to host “meet and greet” events throughout the year, whereby student-athletes will be contracted to appear, meet, greet and generally feel the power and support of an NIL program done right.
And this is just the start.
You can’t spell Illini without NIL or spell Guardians without U.
Welcome to the world of Illini Guardians.
NIL stands for Name, Image and Likeness. Student-athletes are now permitted to earn income from the use of their NIL assets. Examples of how a student-athlete can earn income includes, but is not limited to, personal endorsements, appearances, autographs, inclusion of their NIL on physical merchandise or digital content, participation in special events, experiences and promotions.
Student-athletes cannot receive “pay for play” and NIL payments cannot be used to induce prospects. Payments cannot be gifts and therefore, all payments must have a related “value exchange” between the buyer and the seller (student-athlete).
Businesses are permitted to purchase the NIL Assets of student-athletes to promote their businesses products and services, including but not limited to personal appearances, social media promotion, inclusion in commercials, the creation of specialized video content and more.
Individual supporters can write checks or place their credit card on file to become “Insider Members” of the collective and receive a set of benefits created from the NIL assets owned by the Collective. Including exclusive access to member-only benefits such as livestreams, autograph sessions, personal meet and greets, and more...Individual supporters who become Insider Members can also purchase memorabilia (physical and digital) from the private marketplace that can only be accessed by logging into the Illini Guardians website.